Monday, October 29, 2007

more wips

Well, it's finally sunny enough to take some photos, of course, now it's only about 2 or 3 degrees above freezing! And since I'm still in my pjs this morning I took some pics indoors. But the lighting coming through the windows is still a lot better and the colours are pretty true.

First up, the endpaper mitts:
I've just started to increase for the thumb gusset and I'm loving these mitts. They're so pretty and it is so much fun to watch the pattern emerge. These are high-cognitive knitting though - I have to pay extra close attention or the colours end up getting switched around on me.


And now, 2 more pairs of wrist warmers but on the opposite end of the knitting-cognitive spectrum:
These are the hand/wrist warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I can't even remember how many times I've made these, but they're cute and fast. This pair was cast on Saturday night and bound off yesterday afternoon.

And the second pair, also the hand/wrist warmers from LMKG:
Both pairs are for friends - I wanted to do something similar but in different colours, at the least. I tried a different stitch pattern on this pair at first but it wasn't working with these colours.

The yarn for both of these is Mirasol's Hacho, a 100% Merino Wool which is super sprongy and really very pretty. The colours are super vibrant - they're hand-dyed but somehow the colour changes are very short. Anywho, I like 'em and it might just be a great sock yarn (although not necessarily marketed as such).

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love those Endpapers, such a fantastic knit!

Sheila said...

I love seeing WIP. The Endpapers are a great combination!