Friday, January 17, 2014

what I did with my winter vacation

Stripes, actually by gradschoolknitter
Stripes, actually, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

Although school has been out for almost a month, I still cannot say that my knitting speed has picked up much. So really the only thing I have to show for my "time off" is this cowl.*

Stripy stripes

Pattern is Duotone Cowl on ravelry.
Yarn is Malabrigo Silky Merino almost exactly one skein each of dill and purple mystery (I brought 2 of each and I really truly thought I was going to run out of the dill towards the end but it made it with just yards to spare!).
Mods: none, except for that pesky extra row that showed up uninvited. Since it's only on one side of the tube it can be turned to the inside and never seen again!

*OK, so I did do some academicky things, like go to a conference and interview for several jobs, work on proposals/papers for conferences, finalize syllabi for the new semester, etc etc... which on paper actually looks like a lot, but the knitting was scarce amongst those others.

1 comment:

Mairead said...

Lovely to see the FO! It looks very cosy.