Monday, December 31, 2012

and a yarny new year

angora by gradschoolknitter
angora, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

DH spoilt me this year with yarn. I only got to open (most) of my presents last night from him, as we were off visiting family all over the place and decided to keep our own Christmas for ourselves.

Above is Plymouth Yarn Angora, 4 skeins of black and 5 of baby blue.

He also got me a whole bunch of everyone's fave, mmmmmalabrigo:

malabrigo silk purple mystery

10 skeins of silky merino in "purple mystery" and...

malabrigo silk dill

5 of "dill".

I made myself a sweater in Malabrigo Silky Merino years ago and it is still going strong, so I know that this could make at least 2 sweaters (I used 6 for the first sweater and I have 15 now... even with full length sleeves I should be able to get 2 sweaters worth out of it). I'm thinking one of just the purple and maybe another with green as the main colour and stripes or something of the remaining purple for the 2nd? Or perhaps something completely different... we shall see, shan't we?

I hope everyone else had a wondering holiday, and don't forget, you can still take advantage of my holiday deal until midnight EST tonight!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

And he knows to buy in quantity! Woohoo!