Monday, July 23, 2012

surfacing

Handspun soothing by gradschoolknitter
Handspun soothing, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

I've been less-than-productive lately, both knitting- and research-wise. And even less so in the blogosphere, which didn't seem possible. So this week I'm trying to re-surface and set some reachable goals for myself to try and get back into my knitting and work grooves.

And what better to get me back into knit-mode than handspun yarns? The green on the left (better pictured here) was sent to me by one of my wonderful moderator-helpers in the sock swap back in the first swap and the 2nd yarn was spun by the same person that taught me how to spin (see here for a better picture). Both make me happy and are lovely yarns.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have more time (and inclination) to knit and I have a few projects that are almost done (including a glove with only a finger and a half left to knit), so hopefully this space will be more busy over the next little while!

No comments: