Sunday, April 8, 2012

coming up for air

Red Thread Front by gradschoolknitter
Red Thread Front, a photo by gradschoolknitter on Flickr.

My apologies for the long, unannounced break... it wasn't planned, but a mixture of unseasonably warm weather (and therefore a lack of desire to knit) and then a flurry in work-related crazy (more about that shortly), meant that I was really without much to post about in the past few weeks!

This past week and a half I was back visiting friends and colleagues at my home-institution. I had a phone interview (fingers crossed) and, more importantly, I defended my thesis! Successfully, even! So it's been a whirlwind, with little time to knit. In fact... I was so nervous, packing to go to my defense that I forgot to pack any knitting! I didn't even realize until I was on my way to the airport!!

So, what's that up there, you ask? Well, I got to visit my favorite LYS while I was there and I picked up a few things to keep my mind occupied as I counted down the days... above is the front side of aphrodite in Neighborhood Fibre Co's Studio Sock. And here's the back:

Red Thread Back

I also picked up something for another special baby about to come into my life:

baby seed stitch

I'm not going to say which special baby it is, or what it is, since there are a couple and I think that some of the mommas read along.

Speaking of special babies and mommas, we had a baby shower for one of our other soon-to-bes. I made sure that baby got some hand-made love (although his momma is also an excellent knitter!):

IMG_0070

Super Easy Baby Blanket in rainbow colours of Knit Picks Stroll Tonal.

and:

photo-12

A super cute baby friend from Meep!Craft.

Ok, sorry for the super long post, but I need to make up for such a long period of absence! I promise it won't be such a long time before I post again!

No comments: