Tuesday, August 12, 2008

FO: mint and blueberry mittens


mint and blueberries, originally uploaded by gradschoolknitter.

These were finished on Saturday night but so many other things have been going on that I just haven't had time to post about them. I really like the way they turned out, especially with the colours being switched on the 2nd mitt, which can probably be seen better in this picture:

mint and blueberry mittens

Pattern is Vanilla Fingerless Mittens by my friend Elinor. The pattern was great, but I increased too soon and then too much for the thumb. But that's my silliness, not hers.

Yarn is Koigu KPM and needles were US size 2 dpns... which meant that I worked the thumbs separately after the hand was complete, not as specified in the pattern.

Also, the response to the baby leg warmer pattern posted yesterday has already been phenomenal over on Ravelry. I guess if I really want to get into the biz of designing, baby is the way to go! So, much thanks to all those who have already queued and favorited the pattern so far!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love that you switched the colors.

Doug said...

These are next for me.