Saturday, July 21, 2007

Links, links and more links!

OK, I've got a ton of things (knitting related but not to my knitting) that I want to share, so let's get down to it:

Contests:

Knitting Sutra's Not a Fool for the Pool Contest

The ADD Knitter's Charmed Life Contest

Patterns (free and otherwise):

A picture of the Gatsby Girl Pullover from IK Fall 2006 - previously I had no desire to do this sweater, but this version makes me covet it!

Pattern (no pic, sorry) for a Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf - I'm thinking of doing this in the Red Hat Lace Weight from my SP

Charts for Star Wars Colourwork! Both crochet and knitting charts available... these are too funny... I might have to make myself some Star Wars pillows or something!

A list of every kind of triangular shawl (most available online) you could ever want to make!

Ditto as above but for rectangular shawls

Free pattern for a side buttoned sweater which I'm also coveting


Finally, a short film about the dangers of obsessively knitting while on the side of a very high cliff... it took a long time to load the first time I watched it but it's so worth the wait! (Normally I wouldn't post other people's videos here but this was just too cute.)

2 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Thanks for the link as well as your thoughtful commentary, I enjoyed reading it. I am also strongly attracted to Gatsby Girl...

Anonymous said...

thanks for the links i found a shawl for my mother in law and really nice stuff
aline aka your secret pal